Thursday, January 31, 2013

Raw Red Pepper Soup

     It's day four of my second try to be completely raw vegan and dinner was delicious.  I was wanting something other than spinach for a night, so I ventured to try this soup.  I actually hate raw red peppers, so I was thinking that the soup would be a bust.  However, the cashews and chile powder really balance out the pepper taste so well.  This is THE most delicious raw meal I have made so far.  It is so absolutely simple!  Only four ingredients: red peppers, cashews, 1 teaspoon chile powder, and a pinch of sea salt.

Recipe Adapted from "The Rawtarian"
Ingredients:
- Two chopped red peppers (do NOT use green or yellow, the red is the sweetest)
- 1/3 cup soaked cashews
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. chile powder
- 1/2 cup water

Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until you get a smooth consistency.  Enjoy!

"Vegan food is soul food in its truest form.  Soul food means to feed the soul.  And to me, your soul is your intent.  If your intent is pure, you are pure."  - Erykah Badu


No comments:

Post a Comment